- 6 chicken thigh fillet, skin removed and diced into large pieces
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 French Onion dried soup mix sachets (40g)
- 1L apricot nectar
Pre-heat oven to 180å¡C.
Toss diced chicken in flour to coat.
Mix soup mix sachets with the apricot nectar.
Place chicken in an ovenproof dish and pour over the nectar mix. Place lid on the dish to cook.
Bake for 45 mins. (Check chicken is cooked thoroughly before serving)
- This is great served with rice and green beans.
- You can easily add any types of vegetable to the mix you like.
- I was surprised how the flour gave the chicken a lovely puffy coating when it came out of the oven. I used a bottle of apricot nectar which was more economical than tinned.
- You can also make this recipe using diced pork only you will have to cook it for a further half hour to make sure the pork is tender.
This Apricot chicken recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.