Basic Muffin Recipes
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Walnuts crumbled
- 1 cup Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Tinned Pie Apples
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Orange and Poppy seed
- 1 Orange whizzed in food processor
- 1 tbsp Poppyseeds
Raspberry and Almond
- 1 cup Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Flaked Almonds
Chocolate Choc Chip
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
Pineapple and Coconut
- 1 cup Crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray and set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt and mix.
In a jug, combine the egg, milk and oil.
Add the additional ingredients into the bowl and fold in the wet ingredients using a spatula until all ingredients are just wet.
Using a 1/3 cup measure, fill each muffin cup and smooth the top.
Bake for 22-25 minutes. Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- This quantity will make 24 mini-muffins.
- Take care not to overwork the batter. You want all the ingredients just wet. If you mix it too much your muffins will become very heavy.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Everyone loves a good muffin! Have a try at these different variations and find the family fav!