Blackberry and muesli breakfast muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 (190g) cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup blackberries or other seasonal fruit (chopped)
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil together.
In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Tip the wet ingredient into this bowl.
Mix until just combined and then spoon into paper cases.
Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are golden on top.
Let cool on a wire rack and either enjoy warm or store in an airtight container.
You can make a double batch of these and stock up the freezer for a rainy day. These can be frozen and warmed straight from the freezer.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Feta and spinach muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins