Carrot walnut loaf
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- half a cup milk
- half a cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- 1 cup grated carrot
- half a cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 180C.
Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder into medium mixing bowl.
Add brown sugar, carrot, walnuts, eggs and milk, mix until well combined.
Lastly, add melted butter.
Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, do clean skewer test to check it’s done.
- Try to use sweet carrots in this Carrot walnut loaf recipe as it makes the resulting loaf extra sweet.
- This is a great lunch box filler though if your kids go to a no-nuts school, you may have to leave out the walnuts.
- This recipe is super-quick and easy to make and freezes really well too. Perfect!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.