Chicken, lime and avocado tortillas
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 soft tortillas
- 1 corn cob, cooked
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
Rub the chicken with half of the olive oil and all of the the spices and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a frying pan to medium-high and add the remaining olive oil. Cook the chicken breasts on one side for 2 minutes, or until golden, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, pour in 2 tablespoons hot water, cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool a little.
Meanwhile, combine all of the salsa ingredients and stir well.
To make the dressing, combine the yogurt and mint leaves and season with sea salt.
Cut the chicken into thin strips and warm the tortillas as per packet instructions. Serve with the salsa and yogurt dressing on the table and let everyone make their own.
- This dish is also great if you swap the tortillas with taco shells, iceberg lettuce cups or even steamed rice.
- Serve finely chopped red chilli on the side for adults.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen
More Mexican recipes
- Chicken tacos
- Fish tacos
- Tasty tacos
- Mexican tortilla bake
- Chicken quesidillas
- Nachos with invisible beans