Easy chocolate chip muffins
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 60 g butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup choc chips
Preheat oven to 200_C (180_C fan-forced).
Grease a 12 hole muffin pan with cooking spray or butter and line with patty cases.
Sift the flour into a large bowl and then add the sugar. Stir it all together to combine.
Melt butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds or less should do it).
Combine the egg and milk together – beat with a fork.
Add the melted butter, milk and egg mixture plus a teaspoon of vanilla essence to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
Now add the chocolate chips and gently mix with a spoon until it is just combined.
Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin tin, about one tablespoon per muffin case.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack (or better yet, eat them hot, straight out of the oven, Yum!)
Find more after school snacks
- Buttermilk scones
- Cheese and bacon scones
- Cheesy scones
- Choc chip scones
- Date scones
- Lemonade scones
- Finger buns
- Hot cross buns
- Corn pikelets
- Gluten-free pikelets
- Pikelets with chocolate sauce
- Veggie pikelets
- Cinnamon tea cake
- This is the perfect basic muffin recipe that be adjusted by adding different ingredients.
- Substitute blueberries or sultanas for the choc chips if you want a healthier option.
- For the lightest, fluffiest muffins, be careful not to over-mix these. Just stir it all together until combined.
- This recipe was created by Penny Flanagan for Kidspot.