Family-friendly rack of lamb
- 4 x 4-cutlet racks of lamb
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Heat oven to 200°C. Trim excess fat from lamb and wrap some aluminium foil around the bones to prevent burning.
Combine the garlic, rosemary, oil and salt in a small bowl. Coat lamb with the rosemary mix.
Place on a baking dish and cook for 15-20 minutes for well done, or to your liking. Serve with some baked vegetables and a green salad.
- For our family, I bought a 10-rib rack and cut it into 2 x 4 and 1 x 2 pieces (the kids are not particularly carnivorous), marinated the adult serves and kept the kids’ piece plain.
- For the kids, I present a single cutlet as Lollipop Lamb. If your kids don’t fancy actually touching the meat/bone, cut up into small pieces. So tender and tasty.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.