Oven-baked garlic prawns
- 1 kg large green prawns (with tail on)
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- lemon slices to garnish
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Cover baking tray with baking paper and lay prawns out on the tray, evenly spaced.
Step 2. In a small saucepan heat the butter and oil over a medium heat and add the garlic and chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
Step 3. Pour garlic butter mixture evenly over the prawns.
Step 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
- I like to serve these with crusty bread to mop up all the delicious garlic butter.
- This is especially good for when you have to feed a crowd and it's a good way to cook the prawns without over-cooking them.
- We used chilli flakes but if you are serving these to little ones then you may like to omit them.
- If you have a fresh batch of delicious prawns that are already cooked then you may like to make these Fresh prawns with two dips.
- When you want garlic prawns but are after a substantial meal then you can try this Lemon and garlic prawn pasta. It's filling and delicious.
- When you want pizza but are sick of eating the traditional types you can go gourmet and try this Garlic prawn pizza. It is packed full of flavour.
- When you need to impress these Prawn and avocado stacks have layers of avocado, tabouli and fresh prawns.
- If you have any prawns left, you can add them to this delicious Prawn fried rice.
- These Prawn toasts are popular in any Chinese restaurant but did you know you can make them at home yourself?
- If your family is not fond of chilli then you may like to try these Lemon garlic prawns. They are so easy and will have the kids asking for more.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.