- 200g rice stick noodles (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate or rice vinegar
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 fried tofu puffs (optional), quartered
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- fried shallots and lime wedges, to serve
Place the noodles in a large bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover.
Stand for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add the chicken, chillies and garlic and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the noodles, spring onions, fish sauce, tamarind or vinegar and stir-fry 30 seconds.
Add beaten eggs (optional) and stir-fry until set. Add the sprouts, tofu (optional), peanuts and coriander. Stir-fry until well combined.
Serve immediately topped with fried shallots and lime wedges.
- Tamarind concentrate, tofu puffs and fried shallots are from your local Asian grocer.
- If you don’t want to stock up on these more exotic ingredients, you can buy Pad Thai kits (eg Asia@home) from the supermarket.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.