Paleo sweet chilli sauce
- 5 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp chopped red chillis or 1 small mild red chili, minced finely
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp pink salt flakes or sea salt
Simply combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
Let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken making sure the arrowroot is well combined.
Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
Find related thai recipes
- Thai beef salad with nam jim
- Beef skewers with peanut sauce
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Chilli beef with choy sum
- Thai barbecued chicken recipe
- Thai chicken rice paper rolls
- Thai fish cakes
- Thai lentil and garlic soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables
- Thai style beef salad
- Thai vegetable curry
- You can find arrowroot flour alongside cornflour in your supermarket.
- This may stick to the pan easily so make sure you continually stir until this is finished cooking.
- The flavours will develop over time with this sauce. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- This recipe was created by Erin Wright for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.