Pumpkin and ginger beer scones
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (peeled, steamed and mashed)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) ginger beer
- milk, for glazing
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
Mix flour, sugar and ginger together. Form a well in the centre and add cream and pumpkin puree. Using a flat bladed knife, cut wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Gradually add ginger beer until it forms a soft dough. The mixture should hold together but not be sticky.
Turn dough onto a board and using lightly floured hands, pat into a rectangle about 2-3cm thick. Cut out rounds using a 5-6cm scone cutter or a glass.
Place scones on a tray and brush tops with milk, then bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through and golden on the top.
Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Find more delicious scone recipes:
- Cheesey scones
- Easy scones
- Lemonade scones
- Buttermilk scones
- Easy pumpkin scones
- Sultana scones
- Chocolate scones with raspberry cream
- Choc chip scones
- These are great with butter and also yummy with jam.
- If you prefer soft scones, cover them with a tea towel after five minutes, until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe was made by Alana House.