Spaghetti with pea pesto and crispy bacon
- 400g dried wholegrain spaghetti
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated feta
- 500g packet frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, thinly sliced
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving a third of a cup of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to saucepan.
Drain the fetta, reserving 2 tablespoons oil from the jar. Crumble feta.
Cook the peas, following packet directions, until just tender and drain. Place 2 cups of the peas in a food processor or blender. Add garlic, basil, parmesan and reserved oil. Process until almost smooth.
Cook bacon in a medium frying pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and crisp. Add pesto, bacon, remaining peas and reserved cooking liquid to pasta.
Season, toss to combine and serve pasta topped with feta.
- Frozen peas are cheap, healthy and a great ingredient to keep in the freezer.
- You can buy marinated feta in the deli department at your supermarket.
- This recipe originally appeared in Super Food Ideas. Recipes Amira Georgy. Photography Craig Wall.
More delicious pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettuccine
- Curtis Stone’s fettuccine bolognaise
- Speedy pasta boscaiola
- Ear pasta with bacon and peas
- Sage butter ravioli