Summer chicken casserole
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 40ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced).
Season chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan or casserole dish and fry chicken in batches until golden on all sides. Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
Remove all but a tablespoon of oil. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Pour over white wine and allow to bubble up. Add tomatoes, stock and rosemary and combine well. When liquid is bubbling, cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with couscous and steamed green beans or a salad.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken garlic schnitzel
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- Ask your butcher to cut up the chicken if you don't want to do it yourself.
- Alternatively, use 4 chicken Marylands separated into drumsticks and thighs.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.