Picture this, the kids are in bed after a long day of temper tantrums and sibling squabbles, finally, it’s grown-up time!
You make a cup of tea (which you can drink hot for once), put your feet up and turn on the TV. Life is good… ‘TOOT TOOT CHUGGA CHUGGA BIG RED CAR’ oh, that’s right you’re a parent and all the quality streaming shows are hidden in a sea of recommendations for PJ Masks, The Wiggles and Barbie.
Introducing Acorn TV, the sophisticated streaming service for those of us without the time to trawl through the endless array of cartoon critters and dancing octopi.
Get your Brit-fix with a new wave of compelling crime and drama shows, available for the first time in New Zealand via streaming service Acorn TV.
This is a one-stop-shop for captivating crime thrillers, addictive dramas and intriguing mysteries just for the adults – not an anthropomorphised animal in sight!
Access is easy through a wide range of devices including IOS (iPad and iPhone), Android (phone and Tablet), Android TV, Chromecast or through your browser at acorn.tv.
Plus, with a monthly subscription fee of only $7.99 and a free seven-day trial you can treat yourself to Brit binge without giving up the kids’ favourites.
- The only place to find all seasons of beloved British police dramas George Gently and Foyle’s War;
- All three seasons of Irish detective drama Jack Taylor, starring Game of Thrones’ Iain Glen;
- The first three seasons of popular, long-running medical comedy drama Doc Martin starring Martin Clunes, with more seasons to be added in coming weeks;
- Record-breaking ratings hit and critically acclaimed series Line of Duty (Seasons 1-4), dubbed “king of the crime dramas” by The Telegraph UK;
- All series of British period drama The Bletchley Circle, featuring Line of Duty’s Anna Maxwell Martin and Peaky Blinders star Sophie Rundle
- Peabody and BAFTA Award-winning serial crime drama Broadchurch, starring Oscar-winner Olivia Colman and Doctor Who’s David Tennant, with Seasons 2 and 3 to be added in the coming weeks;
- Season One and Two of critically acclaimed costume drama Victoria, starring The Cry and Doctor Who star Jenna Coleman
- Seasons 1-3 of 1950s detective drama Grantchester;
- Acorn Original Series Agatha Raisin, starring Ashley Jensen as the titular amateur sleuth;
- The first two seasons of beloved Australian drama Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries starring Essie Davis;
- Six-part crime series Partners in Crime, starring Little Britain’s David Walliams and Call the Midwife’s Jessica Raine, based on the Agatha Christie Tommy and Tuppence novels;
- BAFTA-winning comedy Detectorists starring The Office’s Mackenzie Crook and Captain America’s Toby Jones
- Season One and Two of British sci-fi drama Humans, starring Crazy Rich Asians’ Gemma Chan
What show are you most excited to watch?