3 ingredient mango ice cream
- 2 mangoes
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
Cut cheeks from mangoes and scoop out the flesh with a large spoon. Place them with the peeled banana in a freezer bag and freeze overnight.
Remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly for 5-10 minutes.
Place fruit in a blender or food processor with the coconut and blitz until smooth.
Serve with extra coconut sprinkled on the top.
- Omit the coconut if you prefer.
- This is a great way to use up excess ripe bananas. Peel them and freeze them whole.
- Another great ice cream recipe is our 2 ingredient ice cream – try it for a treat.
- This Chocolate banana ice cream has a touch of cocoa to delight your tastebuds.
- If you love minty ice cream then these Chocolate mint ice cream balls could be used in this recipe.
- This Ice cream cookie crunch has a great crunchy texture to contrast that smooth, creamy ice cream.
- If you don't have time for ice cream cones then try this Ice cream slice.
- Did you forget to buy the cones? This Ice-cream sundae is just as delicious.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.