Garlic prawn pasta
- 230g spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 green prawns, peeled, deveined and halved lengthways
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup fish, vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat unti the butter is melted.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Increase the heat to medium-high and cook the prawns, lemon zest and lemon juice for 1-2 minutes, until the prawns are just cooked and still tender.
Add the stock and heat through gently.
Add the drained pasta to the frying pan with the parsley and toss to combine.
Serve in bowls with salad and crusty bread on the side.
- This dish contains 1352.4kJ (322cals); 5.9g total fat (1.9g saturated fat)
- This recipe was written by Jay Rogers for The Moodie Foodie. You can follow The Moodie Foodie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.