Almond, rosemary and fennel crackers
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs olive oil
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). In a food processor, grind almonds to form a fine crumb. Be sure not to overdo it or you will end up with almond butter.
Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
Working with half the mixture, place almond mixture between two sheets of baking paper. Roll out to a couple of millimetres thick. Peel off top layer of paper (save it to use on the second batch).
Transfer bottom layer of paper with rolled almond mixture to a large baking tray. Cut into diamonds or squares or your desired cracker shapes. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- If you don’t like fennel seeds, simply omit them.
- Use thyme or oregano in place of rosemary if you prefer.
- Serve with cheese and quince paste, pate or dips.
- These crackers store well in an airtight container for several days.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.