Apple and cinnamon frittata
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw caster sugar plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Whisk eggs together then add the sugar, flour, milk, cinnamon and orange rind.
Melt the butter in an ovenproof saucepan on medium heat. Add the apples and cook for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Pre-heat the oven grill and pour over the batter and cook for about 5 minutes.
Place the saucepan under the grill, sprinkle over the almonds and a little extra sugar.
Once the top is golden remove and serve almost immediately with some nice natural yoghurt and maybe a drizzle of maple syrup.
- You need to watch the frittata under the grill as it can burn easily at this point.
- Even though one apple doesn’t seem enough it is fine for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.