- 6 green apples, cored
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sultanas
Preheat oven to 180° C.
Cut 4 slits vertically in the apple skin (to prevent splitting)
In a bowl mix softened butter, brown sugar and sultanas.
Pack mixture firmly into the core holes in the apples.
Place apples in a baking dish. Bake for 30-35 mins.
More dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
- These apples were so delicious and they just melt in your mouth. They are a perfect winter’s night dessert !
- They make a lovely pool of sauce underneath as the butter melts with the brown sugar.
- Making the slits will prevent the apples from blowing out.
- Serve with a nice big jug of hot custard.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder