Banana choc-chip cookies
- 50g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (190g) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat to combine.
In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda, set aside for two minutes.
Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Mix together the flour and cinnamon and stir into the butter and banana mixture with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop dollops of the mixture on a tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Place on wire racks to cool.
Find more delicious biscuit and cookie recipes:
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread heart cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits
- You can freeze bananas when ripe and defrost to use for this recipe.
- You can make a different version of these by using dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.