Barbecue garlic and coriander chicken recipe
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roots and stems included, washed well
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
Finely chop garlic and coriander.
Combine with other marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Coat chicken in marinade and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Heat a chargrill or barbecue hot plate until very hot.
Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, then reduce heat and cook until juices run clear.
Serve with jasmine rice and steamed Asian green vegetables.
- This recipe involves just a quick chop and mix, then leave it to rest for a couple of hours until you're ready to eat.
- The barbecue imparts a beautiful smoky flavour, but it's just as delicious cooked in a chargrill pan on the stove top.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, a working mum whose desire to make and bake things has grown in inverse proportion to the amount of spare time she has since her three gorgeous girls came along. Her blog is typically red.