Blueberry and orange muffins
Gluten-free (see note below)
- 2 cups self raising flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80mL) oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one orange, finely chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place paper cases in muffin tray. Sift flour into large mixing bowl, add caster sugar. In a glass jug, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add milk (to 11/3 cup) and eggs, and whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in orange zest and blueberries. Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- If you don’t have almond meal, or don’t want to use it, just use more flour.
- If you have extra mixture, make mini muffins (avoiding the blueberries for the fussy children).
- Make these muffins gluten free using gluten free plain flour and 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder.