A moist, flavoursome banana bread filled with crunchy walnuts and ready for toasting.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Low Carb, No Added Sugar, Source of Protein, Source Dietary Fibre)
Servings: 8 serves
- 3 eggs whole
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas approx. 2-3 medium bananas
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 170c. Grease a 9x5 inch (23 x 35cm) loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond meal, cinnamon, bicarbonate soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, coconut oil, Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener and vanilla for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, then fold through the almond meal mixture until combined.
- Gently fold through the chopped walnuts until evenly combined throughout the mixture.
- Pour mixture into greased pan, and sprinkle with some more cinnamon or banana slices.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Nutritional information per slice: 462 calories, 10.7g protein, 41.4g fat (15.5g saturated), 10.8g carbohydrates (5.5g sugar) Fibre 4.5g