These fluffy, light and buttery pancakes are the perfect start to any morning. Packed with extra protein and no added sugar, they’re the ultimate Winter-warming breakfast.
Sugar Free Pancakes
(no added sugar, high protein)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp whey powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 1/4 full fat milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Mix the flour, whey powder, baking powder, salt and Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener together in a bowl.
- Add the milk and melted butter and lightly whisk. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized non-stick pan over a high heat. Use a large spoon or small ladle to add the pancake mix to the centre of the pan.
- Once the pancake starts to form small bubbles on the surface it should be ready to flip.
- Once golden on both sides, transfer each pancake to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings like fresh berries and sugar free maple syrup
Nutritional information per serve: 97 calories, 4.3g protein, 3.3g fat (2g saturated), 14.5g carbohydrates (1.5g natural sugar), 0.5g fibre