Blueberry, pear and raspberry swirl
- 1 full ripe pear
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
Peel and core the pear, and cut into small pieces.
Place the pear, blueberries and raspberries in a blender and puree until smooth.
If you’re introducing the berries for the first time, press the mixture through a sieve first to remove the pips and any chunks of blueberry skin.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- If your baby is under six months old, it’s advised to steam the pear for a few minutes, before pureeing.
- Neither blueberries or raspberries are considered top allergenic foods, but with advice varying as to when best to start babies on these berries, it might be ideal not to make them a first-foods but, rather, introduce them a little later at around seven months. Hold off if baby has eczema or shows signs of allergies such as redness around the mouth, itching and rashes.
- Make the fruits up separately and freeze in an ice cube tray. Then for something different to serve, swirl them individually around the bowl once softened so baby can taste the three flavours separately.
- Can be frozen for up to six weeks. If you’ve used frozen raspberries or blueberries, do not refreeze.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.