Carrot and swede puree
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 swede
Peel and chop the carrot and swede and place in a pot of boiling water.
Boil for around 10 minutes, or until soft.
Strain and reserve some of the water.
Puree in blender until smooth, adding a little reserved water to make it a nice consistency.
Peel and chop the carrot and swede and place in a microwave-safe container. Place cling wrap over the top, leaving a corner uncovered to vent steam.
Cook on HIGH in the microwave for around 4 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Puree in the blender until smooth, adding a little water to make it a nice consistency.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- Carrots are great first foods for babies but when they are pureed, they can become a bit thin and lumpy. By adding the swede, you’ll be able to puree this combo to a delicious creamy consistency your baby will find easy to eat.
- This puree can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.