Chicken, bacon and potato bake
- 3-4 potatoes
- 600g chicken thigh fillets
- 150g bacon rachers
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 rosemary stalk, leaves removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Peel potatoes and cut into large wedges. Boil for 6-8 minutes until just tender. Drain.
Slice chicken thighs into 2-3 pieces each. In a large baking dish, combine chicken with bacon, tomatoes, potatoes, garlic and rosemary leaves. Toss it all in the oil and season well.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning everything halfway through so that it browns nicely.
Find related oven bakes
- Parboiling the potatoes will ensure everything cooks evenly and you don’t end up with dry chicken.
- Use any hardy herbs you have on hand – thyme or oregano would be lovely as well.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.