- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g pancetta, roughly chopped
- 700g chicken mince
- 2 tins (400g) diced tomatoes
Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Gently cook the leek, carrot, celery, garlic and pancetta for at least 5 minutes.
Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking it up for a few minutes or until almost cooked through.
Tip in the tomatoes, stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with pasta of your choice, chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettucine
- Curtis Stone's fettucine bolognaise
- Ear pasta with peas and bacon
- Chicken lasagne
- Sage butter ravioli
- Quick tomato pasta sauce
- Light spaghetti carbonara
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta
- If you are in a super hurry you can use your food processor to chop the veggies in this recipe.
- I recommend you use chicken breast mince for this recipe to keep the fat content low.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.