Chilli beef with choy sum
- 1 to 2 cups rice
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 500 grams beef strips
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chilli, minced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch choy sum, shredded
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 230 grams bamboo shoots, rinced and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
Cook rice according to instructions.
Combine oyster and fish sauces, lime juice and sugar in a small jug, set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a non-stick wok or frypan over medium-high heat and stir-fry beef in batches until browned.
Remove and set aside.
Spray wok/pan with oil, add onion, garlic, chilli and capsicum and stir-fry until onion is soft.
Add choy sum, bean sprouts and bamboo shoots and mix to combine.
Return beef to pan, add sauce mixture and stir until heated through.
Remove from heat and scatter with mint.
Serve with rice.