Chocolate banana cake
- 1/2 cup (125g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp cream
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 28cm round cake pan.
Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Mix through bananas. Add flour, salt and milk and beat until just combined. Finally, stir through half of the chopped chocolate.
Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Make a quick ganache by placing remaining chocolate and cream in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir until melted and glossy.
Serve cake drizzled with chocolate ganache.
Find related cake recipes
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- Instead of the ganache, you could make a traditional cream cheese frosting.
- Store extra overripe bananas, peeled, in the freezer to use in banana cakes.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.