Creamy fish pie
- 800 g potato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup light milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 celery stick (sliced)
- 1 onion (large, grated)
- 1 carrot (large, grated)
- 1 zucchini (large, grated)
- 1 cup peas
- 180 g white cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (liquid)
- 2 tbs light cream
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 600 g white fish fillet (cubed)
- 200 g smoked cod (cubed)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat tasty cheese (grated)
Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and lightly spray a large casserole dish with oil.
Place potatoes in a medium-large saucepan, cover with water, season with a little salt and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer potatoes for about 10-12 minutes until soft and ready for mashing.
Mash potatoes well, adding milk to loosen the mixture.
While potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add celery, onion, carrot and zucchini with a pinch of salt. Cook vegetables on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
Add peas, cabbage and stock and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Toss through fish and pour into prepared casserole dish. Top with mashed potato, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a big green salad or your favourite vegetables.
Find more fish recipes
- Beer batter fish
- Easy crumbed fish
- Exotic fish finger rolls
- Fish and chips
- Fish cakes
- Fish cakes with sweet chilli mayo
- Fish in foil
- Healthy fish and chips
- Healthy fish fingers
- Lemony fish bites
- Seafood risotto
- Thai fish cakes
- This creamy fish pie recipe is low in fat and calories and high in vitamins, minerals and all things healthy.
- Make sure you use a firm white fish that’s not too ‘fishy’ (one that has a mild taste).
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.