Brownie Christmas Trees
- 1 x 800g cooked crayfish
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 150g snow peas, topped and tailed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
To prepare the crayfish, cut the flesh from the head and tail into bite-size pieces and carefully pull out the leg meat.
Cut the mango flesh into chunks and toss in lemon juice.
Steam the snow peas until just tender and still vivid green, refresh under cold water.
Slice the snow peas into matchsticks (julienne).
Arrange the snow peas on individual plates or glasses, top with lobster meat and mango. Combine all dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
- This is a great alternative to traditional seafood entrees and modern twists on the prawn cocktail
- You could serve this salad on a large platter to present in the centre of the table. However, you may need to supervise the serving so everyone gets some!