Easy spaghetti puttanesca
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted and stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 800g tin tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 400g spaghetti
- freshly grated parmesan, cheese to serve
Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic, being careful not to let the garlic burn. When the garlic becomes fragrant, add the olives, semi-dried tomatoes and capers.
Stir until fragrant then add the tinned tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes then add the basil and parsley and stir until softened.
Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan of water over high heat. When boiling, add 1 tsp salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente.
Serve pasta in warmed bowls topped with sauce and finished off with some parmesan cheese.
- Make sure you don’t let that garlic burn because if it does you will need to throw it out and start again.
- Al dente pasta still has a bit of body and bite to it.
- This recipe was created by Charlie Louie from Hotly Spiced.