- 1 small cucumber
- 90g tasty cheese
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
Cut cucumber into 3cm rounds, and each round into four batons. Cut tasty cheese into batons approximately 5cm long and 1cm thick. These will be the stalks of your toadstools. Arrange them on your serving platter.
Halve tomatoes and place them cut side down on a plate or chopping board.
Place cream cheese into a small resealable bag. Snip a small triangle off the corner and push the cheese downwards, twisting the bag. Carefully pipe several small spots onto each tomato.
Place decorated tomatoes on top of cucumber and cheese batons. Serve.
Related party food recipes
- Marble cake recipe
- Marshmallow bubble slice recipe
- Marshmallow eggs recipe
- Mini hot dogs recipe
- Pizza pinwheels recipe
- Strawberry pops recipe
- Swirly sandwiches recipe
- Kiss biscuits recipe
- Make sure tomatoes are at room temperature before you begin to avoid condensation on the skin.
- You could make the stalks out of carrots or processed cheese sticks if you prefer.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.
- NB: Please remind children that they should never eat or touch toadstools and mushrooms that they find in the garden or bush as they may be poisonous.