- 50g butter
- 300g green beans, top and tailed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 rashers bacon, sliced thinly and rind removed
- 1 cup (packed) shredded silverbeet
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli, sliced (optional)
- half a cup parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place a medium pot of cold water on high heat. Add a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
While the water is coming to the boil, heat a large frying pan over a medium temperature.
Toss in the green beans with butter and bacon. Add salt and a good grind of pepper, then sautÌ© for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add shredded silverbeet, garlic and chilli (optional) then stir to combine.
Add pasta to the boiling water.
Pour about half a cup of the pasta water in with the pasta sauce, place a lid on the frying pan, turn down the temperature to low and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Turn the heat off, add cheese and keep covered until pasta is ready.
When ready, drain pasta then place it in the frying pan on top of the sauce and thoroughly combine.
- This recipe all comes together in the time it takes to bring the water to the boil and cook the pasta so get everything chopped, sliced and ready, and you will have dinner on the table in ten minutes!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.