Flourless chocolate mousse cake
- 400g butter
- 400g dark chocolate
- 400g caster sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 10 egg whites
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a round 23cm springform cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
Place butter and chocolate in a bowl and set it on top of a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
Whisk sugar and egg yolks until pale and creamy. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to form stiff peaks. Mix melted chocolate mixture into egg yolk mixture, then carefully fold in egg whites.
Pour half the mixture into prepared cake tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Pour remaining cake mixture on top and refrigerate overnight.
Find more delicious cake recipes:
- 3 ingredient pineapple cake
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- Use a large metal spoon to fold egg whites into mixture, ensuring you maintain all of that airy fluffiness.
- Choose the best quality chocolate you can afford, preferably couverture.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.