Ginger ice cream
- 1 ½ cup Light Evaporated Milk, (375ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50g crystallised ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Combine the evaporated milk, vanilla, nutmeg and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy.
Pour the mixture into a plastic container and stir every hour until frozen. Remove from the freezer for 10 minutes so that ice cream softens slightly.
Spoon the ice-cream into a bowl and add the ginger and maple syrup. Beat until smooth then refreeze until firm.
- Stirring the ice-cream whilst it freezes is what gives it that creamy texture. If you don't stir it, it will develop ice crystals and set hard..
- This ice-cream is a lovely accompaniment to fruit puddings, or the perfect dessert after a big meal to cleanse the palate.
- This recipe was written by Weight Watchers as part of Kidspot Australia's Positively Life Changing initiative.