- 4 large, firm bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 2 x 400g block dark cooking chocolate
- crushed nuts
- dessicated coconut
Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Push a pop stick into the thickest end of the banana halves. Lay out on tray and freeze for 2 hours or overnight if you can.
Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl, in the microwave. Give it a 1 minute heat on HIGH and then stir. Microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring in between until all is melted.
Set out coatings on plates, such as the sprinkles, nuts and coconut.
Remove bananas from the freezer and dip in chocolate mixture. Roll in coating and place back on the tray to store in the freezer until required.
- You need to make sure that you have all the preparation done for this recipe. One you dip the bananas into the chocolate you need work quickly so the extra coatings will adhere.
- You can swap the dark chcolate for white chocolate for something different.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder