Homemade Cherry Ripe bars
Makes 8 bars
- 200g dried cranberries
- 100g sultanas
- 1 1/4 cups (100g) desiccated coconut
- 200g good quality milk chocolate (not cooking chocolate)
In a blender or food processor, pulse cranberries, sultanas and coconut together until they form a well combined, thick and sticky mixture.
Scrape the mixture out onto a piece of baking paper, then gently press together to form a large disc shape. Cover with another piece of baking paper and use a rolling pin to shape into a rectangle about 10cm wide x 25cm long x 1cm thick (approx). Place in the fridge to harden – this may take up to an hour.
Remove from fridge and place on a large chopping board, then use a sharp knife to halve, then quarter and finally trim the rectangle into 8 even-sized bars.
Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirriing continuously. Dollop half of the chocolate on top of the bars and use a knife to smear evenly across all of them. Run a butter knife between each bar before putting them back into the fridge so the chocolate sets. This should take 30 minutes.
Once the first coat of chocolate has set, turn the bars upside down, reheat the remaining chocolate and repeat the coating process. Be sure to run the knife between each bar so that they don’t stick together.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also try this recipe with dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
- If you don't like coconut, just leave it out or add some nuts instead.
- Chocoholics will also really enjoy the richness of these amazing Tim Tam brownies.
- This heavenly Toblerone cheesecake does not require baking, making it the perfect summer dessert.
- A little bit naughty but oh so nice! This Mars Bar mud cake is an absolute cinch to make.
- Lovers of chocolate spread will appreciate the magic of this Homemade Nutella. So much tastier than the shop-bought variety!
- Looking for a divine cake for a special occassion? Nothing beats the orange-choc combination in this Jaffa fudge cake.
- Spoil your party guests with a tray of these seriously good Crispy Mars Bar balls. But be warned, one will never be enough!
- For a mouth-watering twist on a traditional cupcake, give these Honeycomb tower cupcakes a go. Sweet AND crunchy.
- These Easy Oreo truffles have just 3 ingredients, but are totally divine. The kids will love them too!
- Bake, ice and serve this Coca-Cola cake in the pan, for a delish afternoon tea treat that will melt in your mouth.
- This recipe was created by Katie Rainbird for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Katie at Katie180.