- 500g pork mince
- 500g veal mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herb mix
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 jar pasta sauce
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a large loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
Place all ingredients except for the pasta sauce into a large bowl and, using cleans hands, mix together thoroughly.
Form a rough loaf shape and push into the tin. Bake for 55-60 mins.
Warm pasta sauce and pour over meatloaf before serving.
- This tastes great served with Italian-style beans and potatoes.
- I discovered this recipe when I made the mix for meatballs and ended going out for dinner one night. I just popped it in the oven the next day. You can also cook this in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours on high.
- I like to place some thick straps of foil underneath to lift the loaf out. If you can’t get pork and veal mince, chicken or beef mince will do fine.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related mince recipes
- Bolognaise rice bake
- Healthy spaghetti bolognaise
- Microwave jacket potatoes
- Friday takeaway hamburgers recipe
- 6 new ways with mince