Lamb in pita pockets
- 600g lamb mince 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 200g thick Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce
- 4 pita pockets
Combine mince, water, garlic and rosemary. Form into 8 burgers. Heat a non-stick frypan to medium heat and cook 4 burgers at a time. Allow 6-7 minutes each side and turn only once.
While the burgers are cooking, stir mint into yoghurt. Cut pita pockets in half; stuff each half with some lettuce and red onion (if using). Place a cooked burger in each pocket and top with mint yoghurt.
- These tasty burgers are a great economical way to get into spring lamb.
- Also perfect for picnics: the burgers can be cooked on site (or cooked just before hand and kept warm) and the pita pockets filled as you go. No cutlery required!
- Make these gluten-free by serving without the pita bread or on toasted gluten-free bread.