No-bake trail mix cookies
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut + 1/2 cup for rolling.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Step 1. Gather all ingredients and measure out.
Step 2. Place figs, raisins, oats and 1/2 cup coconut into a food processor. Process until mixture lifts away from the edges of the bowl.
Step 3. Remove from bowl and knead the sunflower seeds into the mixture. Form a log and slice into 12 even slices.
Step 4. Roll each slice in remaining coconut.
Find more healthier sweet treats
- Chia seed muesli bars
- Cornflake, sultana and cranberry biscuits
- Oaty crisp biscuits
- Pumpkin and oat cookies
- Squashed fly biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Banana biscuits
- Healthy chocolate crackles
- You can swap the figs for pitted dates if you prefer.
- I used quick oats to bind this mixture but you can also use leftover cooked quinoa.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.