One pan chocolate cake
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Step 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Find a 20cm x 20cm square non-stick baking pan.
Step 2. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate soda and salt straight into the cake pan. Whisk together to combine.
Step 3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and whisk well.
Step 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the centre comes out clean.
Related chocolate cake recipes:
- Flake chocolate cake
- 2 ingredient chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate sponge cake
- Chocolate raspberry bliss cake
- Luscious chocolate cake
- Best chocolate cake
- Flourless chocolate cake
- This cake was developed during the Great War when there was a shortage of ingredients like eggs. It is sometimes called Wacky cake.
- If you are looking for icing for this cake then you may like this Chocolate buttercream icing.
- If you like a cake that you can enjoy all the time then this Everyday chocolate cake is perfect for lunch boxes.
- You can make this easy Easter basket chocolate cake for special occasions.
- This Easy lolly birthday cake recipe is perfect for that special person that loves lollies.
- If you have a little person in your life that loves animals then this Farmyard birthday cake will delight them.
- When you want to cook with the kids then this Easy chocolate cake is the perfect place to start.
- If you are watching your waistline but still want cake then try this Low-fat chocolate cake.
- If you like your cake extra chocolate-y then you will love this Rich chocolate cake.
- Chocolate dipped strawberries are a feature of this Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.