One-pot beefy macaroni
- 500g macaroni, slightly undercooked and refreshed in cold water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 4 rashers middle bacon, diced
- 1kg beef mince
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp beef stock powder
- 1 x 800g tomato soup
- 2 cups water
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the onions, capsicum and bacon until slightly soft.
Add the mince to the pan and cook until browned.
Stir in the tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes.
Add stock powder, tomato soup and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the macaroni, stir, heat through and serve.
- You can freeze this dish in a foil tray and pop it into you freezer for a heat and eat meal.
- To make it healthy with hidden vegetables, add carrots and zucchini.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related mince recipes
- Bolognaise pastabake
- Healthy spaghetti bolognaise
- Stuffed jacket potatoes
- Friday takeaway hamburgers recipe
- Baked potato with mince