Oven roasted lamb racks with vegetables
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 large zucchinis, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tub of mini Roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- lamb racks (allow around 3 cutlets per person)
- sea salt
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
Cut vegetables into chunks, toss with smashed garlic cloves, tomatoes and olive oil in a deep oven tray. Sprinkle with sea salt. Season lamb racks with olive oil and salt and add to the tray with the veggies.
Bake for 30 minutes (if interlacing the bones, they’ll need 10 minutes longer). Remove lamb racks to rest. Return veggies to oven for a further 10 minutes.
Slice lamb into cutlets, serve with roasted veggies. Drizzle with pesto.
Find related roast recipes
- Amazing roast chicken
- Best-ever roast vegetables
- Pot roast
- Roast beef
- Roast lamb with garlic and rosemary
- Roast pork with fennel
- Roasted vegetables with chives
- If you fancy some roast potatoes, cheat and have a two-pan dinner. Simply cut potatoes into roasting pieces and microwave them for 5 minutes with a splash of water. Pat dry and toss with a tablespoon of oil. Arrange on baking paper on a tray. Roast with the lamb racks.
- Also, try experimenting with a different pesto – the other night I served lamb racks with coriander and rocket pesto and some hummus.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.