Pita pockets with pork and parmesan meatballs
- 500g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tsp sage, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 pita pockets
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
In a large bowl combine mince, egg, carrot, sage, and parmesan. Season well. Using damp hands, form into small balls.
Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Fry meatballs for 4-5 minutes, turning often to ensure they brown on all sides. Test one to ensure it is cooked through. Set aside.
Cut pita pockets in half and tease each open to form a pocket. Fill with spinach, carrot, tomatoes, coriander and 4-5 meatballs each.
Find related meatball recipes
- Chicken meatballs
- Chicken and chorizo meatballs
- Creamy mushroom meatballs
- Baked penne with fennel meatballs
- Greek meatballs (Keftedes)
- Hedgehog meatballs
- Lamb and chickpea meatballs
- Lamb meatballs
- Meatball macaroni and cheese
- Meatballs with couscous
- Mozzarella meatballs
- Pork meatballs
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Swedish meatballs
- These meatballs are just as delicious cold as they are straight out of the pan.
- You can switch the pork mince for lamb mince if you prefer.
- For extra tastiness, you could drizzle the filled pita pockets with some natural yoghurt.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.