This slightly spicy, somewhat sweet slow cooker stew is delicious served with simple steamed beans or broccoli.
- 500g sweet potato, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g lean pork chops, deboned and cut into 4cm cubes
- 400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml unsweetened orange juice
- 2 shallots, green ends chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Slow cooked pork and sweet potato stew
- Place the sweet potato, pork, tomatoes, garlic, orange juice, shallots and cumin in the base of a 5-litre capacity slow cooker.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours.
- Stir in the lime juice and coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Taste to season and serve with steamed beans or broccoli.
- This casserole will taste even better the next day, after the flavours have had a chance to develop.
- It will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and is suitable to freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- This recipe was written by Weight Watchers as part of Kidspot Australia’s Positively Life Changing initiative.
See more recipe ideas: