- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 440g tin tomatoes, crushed
- handful basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 french sticks, cut lengthwise and into 10cm strips
- 4 slices soccerball-shaped ham, sliced into thin finger shapes
- ¼ fresh pineapple, chopped into very small pieces
- 250g packet mozzarella, sliced into thin finger slices
Preheat grill to 180°C. Bring a saucepan to a low to medium heat and then add oil and garlic. Sauté for a moment, then add tomatoes, and basil and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste, take off the heat and set aside. Place bread fingers in rows onto a non-greased baking sheet and spoon a teaspoon of the tomato mixture onto each bread finger.
Top with a finger-sized piece of ham, pineapple, then a scattering of mozzarella.
Place the fingers under the grill for around 8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Let rest for a few minutes and serve.
- These are great to wrap in foil and serve cold as well. I love cold pizza!
I used a multigrain, seedy baguette because this recipe is a great way to get in a serve of whole grains into the family’s diet.
- I use an Organic mozzarella as it is a wonderful product.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand