Rhubarb and yoghurt cake
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (335g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (260g) natural yoghurt
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22-24cm springform cake pan and set aside.
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Add flour and yoghurt and beat until just combined. Stir through rhubarb.
Pour into tin, spreading it evenly with a spatula, then place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Find related cake recipes
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easy banana cake
- Best chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- Serve with pouring cream or a dollop of thick yoghurt.
- Be sure to wash rhubarb well and remove leaves before slicing.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.