Satay chicken burgers
- 600g chicken mince
- 1 onion
- half a cup continental parsley or coriander leaves
- half a cup fresh bread crumbs
- half a cup bought satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1-2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- half a cup satay sauce, extra
- 4 rolls or large slices of bread
Place onion, herbs and bread crumbs in a food processor, whiz until finely chopped. Combine onion mixture, chicken mince and satay sauce in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a nonstick frypan over medium heat. Cook four patties at a time for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Keep warm while you cook the second batch.
Heat extra satay sauce for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
Place rolls or bread on plates, top with lettuce, grated carrots and 1 or 2 chicken patties. Drizzle some of the extra satay sauce over the burgers and serve immediately.
- The satay sauce adds a fantastic flavour to these patties; substitute with an egg if you want to make nut-free burgers.
- Make these burgers gluten-free by making your own gluten-free bread in the food processor.